Thursday, October 20, 2011

the female nude and artist


Vrouwlijke naakt en schilderes
oil on canvas
100 x 120 cm - (39 x 47 inches)
painted in studio - finished wed 19 October 2011

€ 1,250

The artist's attention is directed to the subject. The subject or model holds a perfectly relaxed position, as her attention is elsewhere, bringing you the viewer to some unknown space. This results is a visual dialogue between the viewer, the artist and the model. She is placed in the forground bringing her in full attention, and can be seen as a homage to the female nude. The artist(Jane Walker) is seen reflected in a mirror, thus she is actually stationed in front of the model. I myself was set up a couple of meters to Janes left. This work was started in the summer of 2007, in my old Rijswijk studio. I have made adjustments to the painting since then, and finalized it yesterday, in my new studio, as I had the same model posing. The Mediterranean setting was intentionally invented, as the wooden shutters, took the place of regular windows. Mind you I did have those plants, and the rest of the setting was actually real. In the near future I will be sitting up a blog that will be exclusively dedicated to the female nude. At that time I will be asking all of you on my Wet Paintings mailing list if you also would like to be included on that blogs list.

No comments: